Wednesday, October 14, 2015

AN ODE TO MY FATHER

Hey, guys! It's been a while. Well, I've been very busy at school especially now that finals are fast approaching. It's frustrating, really! But if I want to find a decent job and be the next president of Awesomeness, then I badly need to strive hard. Kidding aside, we may find studying a burden in this time of our lives, but someday, eventually... we'll know the genuine worth of education.

So much for that, today I will be sharing to you one of my most favorite poems that I ever made. This is actually my homework for our English subject and me (being me) forgot about it and I had to compose this in rush (Bad example, I know). But, it turned out better (best, rather) than I expected. This poem is dedicated to my Father whom I love the most, aside from my mom :) I hope you like it and don't forget to leave comments and feed backs!

AN ODE TO MY FATHER

IN A FATHER'S EYES, YOU ARE THE MOST PERFECT GIRL AND HIS FOREVER PRINCESS...


 I

You kissed my forehead when I first opened my eyes
You carried me in your arms and made me feel alright
You gently swayed to make me fall in slumber
And I knew right then, you were going to be the best father
  II   
You taught me lots of things; you taught me how to fight
You kept me in sight as I learn how to ride a bike
Whenever I fall, you’re always there to pick me up
And when I cry, you’d give me a strawberry-flavored lollipop
III
There are hundreds of things I need to do; thousands of words to say to you
I’m not vocal about my feelings but I deeply love you
Someday I’ll leave the palace and live on my own
But papa, I will forever treasure the love you’ve shown
 IV
A father is your first love; your first kiss
The man who you will truly miss
I may be old now and I will someday leave the nest
But I know, in your eyes, I will always be your princess




COPYRIGHT | WINDRAGON 2015 






2 comments:

  1. One of the best poems I've ever read Rachel. This reminds me of my father too and how wonderful he is. You don't have your prince charming yet, but that doesn't matter so much when you have a king beside you. :)
    Thank you for inspiring me with your poem too Rachel! <3

    love lots,
    T.Tine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best poem that I have read till now. It is an inspiring poem.

    ReplyDelete